(press release from PRWeb)
Philadelphia, PA - June 28, 2005 -- With the popularity of TV show's like ABC's Extreme Makeover, more and more people are thinking of having Cosmetic Surgery and Cosmetic Dentistry to help them look and feel years younger. With so many procedures and choices out there, how do you find the procedure and the specialist who is right for you?
Dr. Bruce J. Wilderman of Artistic Expressions Dentistry has assembled a list of the Top Ten Ways to assist you in finding a qualified Cosmetic Dentist to perform your appearance enhancing Dentistry.
Top Ten Ways to Find the Right Cosmetic Dentist
1) Referral from another Dental Specialist (they see lots of other dentist"s work. - make sure it"s not just a golfing buddy)
2) Referral from a friend who had treatment similar to what you considering. Find out how happy they were with their results.
3) Education, Education, Education. What training did the Dentist get in Cosmetic Dentistry? Look for training from Curriculums such as The Pacific Aesthetic Continuum (PAC-Live), The Hornbrook Group, Las Vegas Institute (LVI), Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Education or similar programs that have HANDS-ON training in Cosmetic Dentistry. Are they a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry? (AACD)
4) Experience, experience, experience. How many of these types of procedures have they done? At least 100+ veneers/yr.
5) Look at GREAT before and after photos of THEIR work. Ask to speak to some of THEIR patients who have had similar treatment.
6) Great Staff. Nothing happens without them. If the person on the phone can't answer simple questions about procedures, they are probably not well trained.
7) Modern, comfortable office, with current technologies.
8) Cleanliness. If the office looks sloppy, so is their work.
9) Works with a great lab. A Member of the DaVinci Group.
10) Existing relationship with someone you trust.