Visiting Invisalign ® dentists you will find out about the new invisible way to straighten teeth without braces and for getting a beautiful smile. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing that your are under the Invisalign treatment. Read more about Invisalign ®
The Invisalign ® aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn. Aligners are nearly invisible and look similar to clear tooth-whitening trays, but are custom-made for a better fit to move teeth. The Invisalign ® treatment is a great option for those patients who have avoided receiving treatment because they did not want to wear metal or wire braces.
The Invisalign ® system consists in a series of clear orthodontic appliances, called aligners, which allow you to straighten your teeth without having to wear traditional metal or wire braces. The nearly invisible, removable aligner is worn for about two weeks then replaced by the next in the series until the final position is achieved.
The Invisalign ® system works efficiently by moving the teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled force on the teeth. The principal difference is that Invisalign ® not only controls forces, but also controls the timing of the force application. At each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move, and these movements are determined by the orthodontic treatment plan for that particular stage. This results in an efficient force delivery system.
There are certified and experienced Invisalign® dentists that you can contact for a consultation about this treatment. Find a dentist on our directory of more than one hundred thousand dentists.
There is an enormous list of benefits for the Invisalign ® treatment:
- Removable for hygiene: You can brush and floss normally, which can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease
- Your Gum health may improve: Research has shown that periodontal tissue health may improve with use of Invisalign ® aligners during your orthodontic treatment.
- You can still eat what you want: Because the aligners are removable you don’t have to worry about what you eat
- There’s no metal to irritate your mouth: Some orthodontic appliances, like braces, can cause temporary gum inflammation.
- Cleanings are quicker and easier than with traditional orthodontics.
For more detailed information about how this procedure will help you to have a beautiful smile, we recommend that you consult a cosmetic dentist with experience in applying Invisalign ® treatment.
What would you like to do now?
Find the right cosmetic dentist for you...
See before and after pictures...
Try the interactive cosmetic dentist smart tool…
See more cosmetic dentistry procedure information...